20200326

WRITING N°2 - YESENIA BARRERA CAMPOS


When I was 8 years old, my parents decided to come and live in Huancayo because my brother had already finished high school so he decided to take his exam at UNCP and for good luck he was able to get in, so during the holidays my parents looked for a new school for my sister and me, they wanted us to study in the same school but the vacancies were already filled and they could not get a new school. That meant that my brother had to go to Huancayo alone, but he was going to live with my grandparents in Concepción so he would have to travel every day for college.
So my brother had to come to Huancayo alone and the rest of my family had to wait until next year when there were some vacancies for us. The day my brother traveled to Huancayo was very sad, my mother cried, my father consoled him, my sister and I shouted ¨We will miss you¨ ¨ Take care of yourself, we will meet soon¨. That year was very difficult for all of us missed my brother, his room looked empty, our weekends were not the same. Every day my parents would call my brother to find out how he was doing in college.
That year taught us several things, my sister and I began to value ourselves more, we took care of ourselves much more. My parents learned that they have to let go of the rope that binds their children but that they will always be their children.

No comments:

Post a Comment