20111211

Leslie Conde I11 reader's Digest

Reader's Digest Report

Before Reading:

1.      Write the title of the article:  Bottled Water Vs. Tap Water

2.      Write the author's name:  Janet Majeski Jemmott

3.      Look at the pictures. What do you think the article will be about? I think this article will be about the importance of drinking water in the world, I can say it because of the bottle of water.

4.      Complete the following information:

Thing I know about the topic:

The water is the source of life in humans, plants and animals.

We can't live without water.

Only 2.59% of water is sweet.

 

Things I want to find out about the topic:

 

I want to know  if the water is going to last for the rest of the life.

The salty water can be changed by sweet water?.

 During Reading:

Explain:  My prediction was correct, the article is about the bottled water is everywhere, in offices, airplanes, stores, homes and restaurants across the country, and it comes from flowing. The bottled water are not sure, if they are healthy or not, but this is the way how in the future the water will be sold. Bottled water is regulated for safety, but it's a tricky thing. The EPA regulates tap water, while the FDA oversees bottled and also Bottlers don't have to let consumers know if their product becomes contaminated to be able to drink.

Vocabulary:

1.      Yearly: Yearly several liters water is wasted by humans.

2.      Packaged: Water is packaged to humans drink.

3.      Chemical: The water contains chemical elements that are healthy for the body.

4.      Increase: the people are increasing and each day is less water.

5.      Impact: In the future is going to be an impact living without water.

After reading:

New things I learned about the topic:

Bottled water almost never has security to be drunk for people.

 

Research I did about the topic:

 I research this information in the internet and in one encyclopedia.

No comments:

Post a Comment