20140621

I06 - Sheshira ARMAS GUTIERREZ

Extensive Reading Report – Intermediate 06

1.    Title of the article: HOW TO LOSE WEIGTH

2.    Source of the article (link):http://www.rd.com/slideshows/how-to-lose-weight/#slideshow=slide1

3.    Author's name: Stealth Health

4.    Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

 

I think that this article is about our health and how we can take care it. In this article we can find many things to improve our lifes. I think that the most important is be well but in all of these aspects like: personal, emocional,etc. If we can achieve all of these , we will be happy and we will can enjoy all of the moments.

 

 

5.    Read the article and describe what you understand of it in as much detail as possible.

 

 

In this article, the author is talking about how we can do to lose weight and he gives some tips to achieve this. To achieve this we have to be very disciplined in this reading there are a lot of tips to lose weight for example , in this process you can need a partner who help you to lose weight, that is good because you can communicate with him and give some views, a factor very important is the water you should drink 8 glasses of water  throughout all the day. You need to practice any sports but if you are very busy you can replace that for example: instead of going to the gym you can scrub your clothes for 30 minutes. Whether that you are hungry only you may eat fruits like banana and apple, always you have to spend 10 minutes a day walking up and down stairs, the meal is indispensable in this process to lose weight, don´t buy any prepared food this is danger for our health, there are more tips but only it is depends of you.

 

 

6.    Vocabulary Use: Choose 05 new vocabulary items (words, collocations or idiomatic expressions, etc.) and write their meanings and 02 examples related to your real experience.

 

1.   SCRUB: the action when you wash your clothes.

-       All the weekends I have to scrub my clothes to go out with my friends.

-       The clothes are important to look good but if you don't scrub well you could look dirty.

2.   TRIGGER: cause something to happen.

-       The trigger to be angry was that my brother came home late.

-       Yesterday I was sick and very angry for my exams that were a trigger to yell at my brother.

3.   FULLNESS: eventually.

-       My mother in the fullness of this time learned more about how prepares pastry.

-       In the fullness of my life I can do many things to achieve my goals.

4.   THROUGHOUT: during all of.

-       Throughout the time, I did many things to improve my life but I think that in the future I have to search more dreams.

-       I felt nervous throughout an exam .

5.   WIND UP: informal ( become)

-       My brother after 2 weeks, achieved  to wind up his work.

-       The only that I want to do is wind up my career.

 

Student's Name: ARMAS GUTIERREZ, Sheshira Scarlett. – I06 

No comments:

Post a Comment