20161120

IG3- EXTENSIVE READING N°1- MABELYN ZUBILETE

Extensive Reading Report - Intermediate

  1. Title of the article: Teen Depression- Why? What Can help?

  2. Source of the article (link): https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/awake-no1-2017-february/teen-depression-help/

  3. Author’s name: Jehovah's Witnesses


  4. Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

I think the article will be about what is depression and what can we to prevent it or what can we do to help someone.

  1. Read the article and describe what you understand of it in as much detail as possible.


“WHEN I have a bout of depression,” says Anna, * “I have no motivation to do anything, not even the things I usually love to do. All I want to do is sleep. I often feel that I am unlovable, worthless, and a burden to others.” this is one of the cases that the article give us as example. She was on her early teens and it was her first experienced of depression. The article recomended us to have a " First-Ais Kid" for our emotions for this kind of experiences of depression. The Kit includes some information abou people who can suport us when we fell down, also a list of our favorite songs that are positive and upbuilding. Other thing that the Kid has is, some encouraging articles and sayings from the bible. Its important to now what happen with our body when we are under depression. The article give us some information about our body. When we are under depression, we can have some cardiovascular disease and our hormones change levels. Also, chronic or exessive stress. Parents are an importan point of this problem because if parents don't care about their children behavior, they can't detec if their children have depression.

  1. Vocabulary Use: Choose 05 new vocabulary items (words, collocations or idiomatic expressions, etc.) and write their meanings and 02 examples related to your real experience.

  • early teens .- its when you start to be an adolescent. When I was on my aerly teens I was use to be very sad or ungry for any kind of reason.                                                      When I was on my early teens I used to practice Marinera every weekend and three                                                           times a week.
  • wholesome meals.-  foots that were based on natural things.                                                                                                     I used to eat wholesome meals when I'm having a diet.                                                                                                       When I was on my early teens I used to eat wholesome meals because I didn't want to have pimples.
  • upbuilding sayings.- are usually used to give you a message in a indirect way.                                                                   My mother used to give me upbuilding sayings to be more happy in my life.                                                             Sometimes its necesary for me to read some upbuilding saying to feel quiet abuot some problem that I have
  • ashamed.- you feel like this when you do something wrong in front of many people.                                                           I used to be ashamed when I fall down the stairs of one place.                                                                                                  To be ashamed is common when people is on their early teens but I prefer to forget this moments because they are to ashamed for me.

Student’s Name: ZUBILETE ULLOA Mabelyn Lucero __________________________________________________________________



No comments:

Post a Comment