20130920

I06-ER2-Dalila Arquiñiva

Extensive Reading Report–Intermediate

 

1.    Title of the article: SATAN.

2.    Source of the article:

3.    Author's name: The Bible's viewpoint.

 

4.    Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

I think this article is about how Satan is taking control people on the earth. Maybe this article will show some examples about how the demon influences in our life or in what kind of activities he tries to demonstrate in order to leave from the spirit life to take a shape to make damage the world.

There are many people who want to make contact whit the demon. These people enjoy doing that, but they don't know that those actions are so dangerous because these activities can make a physical and psychological harm.

 

 

5.    Read the article and describe what you understand of it in as much detail as possible.

 

Well this article is about an evil spirit called Satan or Devil. He is not a person because anybody can't tell us what is the Devil's shape, the Devil's face or where the Devil lives. These are the reasons in order to think that Satan isn't a person, however everyone has an idea how is him. He exists in our mind like a bad spirit, who wants to accomplish our alms. People think that Satan resides at the hell, at the center of the earth. We can say that Satan lives inside bad people, or He lives in the world. Remember that God called him, "The Ruler of the World".

The Devil has force to control people. He can influence in our life. For one thing, what's the reason for that a person kills someone, a father rapes his daughter, or a son beats his parents? I try to figure out what thing spends for the people's mind to do that, but I can't understand it. There isn't natural answer for these actions, but the bible says the Devil has power to control people's mind to do that.

If you want to know more about the Satan, you should read the bible because it teaches us about how the Devil manipulates people and what are the Satan's tactics to influence in our life. To protect us we have to get rid activities that promote spiritism or divination because they are from the Demon.

 

 

6.    Vocabulary Use: Choose 05 new vocabulary items (words, collocations or idiomatic expressions, etc.) and write their meanings and 02 examples related to your real experience.

 

1.    Accomplish: To achieve, do important things.

v  My motto is: If you want to accomplish all your dreams, don't give up.

v  I'll start to study at the university the next year to accomplish my true calling.

 

2.    Hell: The place where the souls of bad people are sent to after death.

·         I don't believe that the hell is under the land. I come up whit the hell is between us.

·         I hate to arrive my house when my mother is angry because my house is a hell.

 

3.    Wicked: Very bad, evil.

·         I'm angry with my wicked neighbor. She told my mother that my young sister has her boyfriend. Now, my mother is angry whit my sister.

·         A month ago I had a big problem because my dog bit a child.

 

4.    Devil: Satan, the most powerful of evil spirits and enemy of God.

·         In my nightmare a demon was inside me. I don't want to remember that.

·         My mother says that my black cat is like a demon.

 

5.    Misleading: -adj. To lie.

·         I went with my family to Ingenio to eat lunch because the weather was sunny, suddenly it started rainy. The weather is misleading.

·         I think the devil is misleading. He only wants our alms.



 

 

 

Student's Name: Dalila Arquiñiva Tornero.

Course: Intermediate 06

Schedule: 7.00- 8:30 A.M.

No comments:

Post a Comment