20130915

Dalila Arquiñiva Tornero I06

Extensive Reading Report – Intermediate

 

1.    Title of the article: DEPRESSION

2.    Source of the article:  http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201310/what-is-depression/

3.    Author's name: The Bible's viewpoint.

 

4.    Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

I think this article is about an experience from a man that a suffered a deeply depression.

I guess this person spent time alone. He didn't want to talk with anybody. He had a big sadness in his heart. After that one day he knew someone who taught  him how to overcome the depression.

This article can give us some tips to feel better when we are fell down.

 

5.    Read the article and describe what you understand of it in as much detail as possible.

Well this article says that everyone has a pain and sadness on heart.

Everyone fell down and it can interfere with person's daily life. The researchers can't tell us how we can acknowledge if the sadness in a  person is consider normal or disorder because in both cases the person feel deeply sadness. Sometimes they have negative emotion accompanied by guilt.

But, what is the biggest mistake in a person who suffers depression?

Well, this person doesn't want to talk with other person. This person prefer to spent time alone.

To keep alone with deeply sadness doesn't help you.

Some illness are produced by depression. You can't work well. You are an apathetic. You don't want to do anything. That's terrible, but you have to overcome it. There is someone who can help you. You have to open your heart, your eyes, and open your mouth to be free.

The bible says that the depression has introduced in us since the beginning by Adan, the first man in the world. Also it says there were faithful men and women of the bible that felt depressed, but God was all the time with them.

To pray is away to have communication with Jehovah God because he is near to the people that are broken at heart and God can help us.

 

 

6.    Vocabulary Use: Choose 05 new vocabulary items (words, collocations or idiomatic expressions, etc.) and write their meanings and 02 examples related to your real experience.

7.     

1.    Accompany: To happen at the same time as something else.

v  It's so hard to me do my homework without accompany for pop music.

v  I've traveled to Lima to visit my boyfriend. I felt scared because it started to rain accompany snow.

2.    Guilt: The feeling you have when you know that you have done something wrong.

·         I felt terrible guilt after I shout to my young sister when she asked out to his boyfriend.

·         I don't feel guilt to ask my money to my friend Michael, every week.

3.    Console:  To try to make someone feel better when they are unhappy or disappointed.

·         Sometimes I think I'm insensitive because I can't console when someone cry.

·         My father was no able to console my uncle when my uncle's wife suffered a car accident.

4.    Sustain: To give someone strength, energy, or hope.

·         For me is so difficult to sustain a lie. I have out of ordinary behavior.

·         When I´m so angry with somebody I can't sustain without cry.

5.    Fellow:  The people that you work with, go to school with, or often spend time with.

·         I haven't slept  in my trip because  my fellow passenger made terrible sound with his mouth.

·         I like to work with my nephew. He is a nice fellow.



 

 

 

Student's Name: Dalila Arquiñiva Tornero.

Course: Intermediate 06

Schedule: 7.00- 8:30

No comments:

Post a Comment