20130912

ER01-I06-MARY QUISPE

Extensive Reading Report - Intermediate

1.    Title of the article: HOW DOES COLOR AFFECT YOU?

2.  Source of the article (link):

  http://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/wp20131001/what-colors-mean/

3.    Author's name: THE WATCHTOWER OCTOBER 2013

4.    Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

 

Well, the pictures are very colorful, also they transmit you some emotion like anger, peace or tranquility; I think the article is about the meanings of the colors. Probably it'll be about your personality according the colors that you wear. For example blank can mean peace or red can mean passion or love, it depends of the location of your city and your culture.

 

5.    Read the article and describe what you understand of it in as much detail as possible.

 

This article showed me a lot about the colors and their meanings, in this article I read that the meaning of the colors depends of the place where you live. An important example included in the article is about the color RED, in Asia, is associated with celebration, although in some parts of Africa, this color is associated with mourning, and in a lot of countries red is usually associated with energy or danger.

In the article I can read about the colors used by the Bible, colors like white that means hope and black that means famine. Other important thing in the article is about the colorful rainbow that God showed Noah and his family after they emerged from the ark. This colorful symbol must have remained in their minds as a promise.

 

6.    Vocabulary Use:

Aisles (n): A passageway between rows of seats, as in an auditorium or an airplane.

·         The last year I went to my grandmother's house, in the bus the aisles were smalls and I couldn't bring my big suitcase.

·         In the Kjarkas's concert I was stacked in the aisles, because they were small and a lot of persons attended to this concert.

Surround (v): To enclose or confine on all sides so as to bar escape or outside communication.

·         Seven months ago I was surrounded by robbers, they stole my cellphone and I was wounded with a knife.

·         My cat surrounded a little mouse the last Sunday, the mouse was been scarred.

Sin (n): A transgression of a religious or moral law, especially when deliberate.

·         A lot of person in my neighborhood think is correct drink a lot of beer, but in fact it is a sin.

·         When I was child I played 'seven sins' with my cousins and neighbors, I remembered it was so funny and interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment