20130126

I05-RD2-Antonhy Salazar

Reader's Digest Report

Student's Name: Salazar Melgarejo Luis Antonhy. Teacher's name: Antonio Rios.               Date: January 26th

1.    Write  the title of the article: 5 reasons to see "Zero Dark Thirty"

2.    Write the author's name: Damon Beres.

3.   Before you read, look at the picture(s) if any, as well as the title. What do you think the article will be about?

 

In my opinion this is an article where the author tries to persuade the reader to watch this movie with these five reasons. I thought because this movie has something that the author want people to know. And I think these five reasons describe those important things that the author want people to know.

 

4.    Read the article and describe in as much detail as possible what you understand of it.

 

First, the article makes an introduction about the director of this movie and the prize she has just won, then starts talking about the reasons, it begins explaining the difference from other movies that it has something more real since it's a movie that tells the hunt of Osama Bin Laden, it also has an even-handed portrayal of true events that makes the watcher to think, finally describes the scenes of these movies are kind of disturbing, but it ends being an amazing movie. I accept that this article convinced me to watch this movie… It sounds interesting.

5.  Vocabulary Use: Choose 05 new vocabulary items (word, collocation or idiomatic expression, etc.) and think of ways that could help you understand/learn these vocabulary items more effectively. Do so in your vocabulary log in your learning journal.

 

Buzz: a rapidly vibrating humming sound, as that of a prolonged z or of a bee in flight

·         Every time my cellphone rings I feel a little buzz in my pocket.

Hunt: to seek out and kill or capture (game or wild animals) for food or sport.

·         A friend of mine's grandfather used to hunt crocodiles to sell their skin

Lack: an insufficiency, shortage, or absence of something required or desired.

·         When I'm with no having breakfast I feel a lack in my stomach all the morning.

Depict: to represent by or as by drawing, sculpture, painting, etc; delineate; portray.

·         The movie "50 first dates" depicts a true love waiting for a person who is not easy to fall in love.

Harsh: rough or grating to the senses.

·        When I'm very angry I try to show a harsh violence in my eyes, It makes me feel better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment